CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Lesson Learned


As a parent, there are a few things that experience teaches you which I have learned:

1. If you go somewhere, and don't pack a change of clothes, that will be the one day you will need it, and you will have to chose between letting your kids go naked, or wearing clothes that are either stained, ripped, or covered in... you get the idea
2. Kids have an inate sense to locate anything that stains, breaks, smells, or makes any kind of mess, and will find it, so it is better to just not have nice things.


The list could go on and on, but apparently, I haven't learned the second lesson well enough as I left a jar of baby food on Eyan's tray, and turned around to help Cahlin with his breakfast... You can figure out the rest. But he looks like he's having a good time, and I guess that's what's important!

2 comments:

The Adams Family said...

I think you are right. Each day I learn more and more. It's funny- when I was young I thought my parent knew everything and that learning the hard way was just for kids. Being a parent now, it seems I am still determined to learn the hard way! :)

Alan and Lynette said...

LOL! Isn't that the truth?! Ironic isn't it? Like they KNOW we're unprepared... :)